Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Last flights before going on leave

Today was my last day of flying before going on leave on Friday. I flew 2 British people to Mikumi via Mtemere (where we picked up Jaap who is one of the managers at Rufiji River Camp)and then on to Dodoma where we dropped of the plane for major overhaul which will happen during the off-season. I've been struggling a bit with speeds on landing lately, generally coming in a little too fast, altho today I thought that it went a lot better. Too bad that I can only try again in 2 months time!

I am spending the night in Dodoma, but tomorrow (luckily) I have a lift with MAF to Dar so I dont have to spend the whole day on the bus! I leave for Malawi on Friday and luckily also managed to get a lift with my friend Gecko who works for Limbe Leaf. I will let you know how I get on!

206driver out

2 comments:

  1. I noticed you guys have gone into hibernation aircraft included.
    I see a Coastal caravan is in your tittle picture...some would say thats bad form.
    africanbushpilot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really a fan of riding Cessna planes or any small type of planes, is there a way where i can enjoy a fast and safe Tanzania safari tour just utilizing land travel?

    ReplyDelete